Thursday, November 5, 2009

Travel Introduction


I used to travel a lot. Temples, tourist spots with my family. Family - my wife, daughter and my parents. I will try to put my travel experiences, routes in writing with photos which i hopes readers would find interesting. I will try to give routes also for those places since some temples are very interior.I am a staunch devotee of Lord Bairava and it was my ambition for a long time to create a blog for me posted with lot of Bairava photos also . Pray Lord Bairava and he will be with you, protect you from all evils. Some of the photos took personally be me, some where downloaded from other sites, some photos were scanned and uploaded. If anybody have any objection, pls let me know so that i will remove those photos. Sorry for the inconvenience.


Most of my travel are planned for a single day only. Ofcourse i travelled to Haridwar, Risheksh, Simla and other places also. In internet you can find lot of places of tourist interest in and around chennai, india etc., Most of my one day visits are specifically for temples only. Please try to start the journey very early atleast 04.00 a.m. so that we can cover lot of temples. 12-4 mostly you will find all the temples closed and during that time we can have our lunch and relax inside temple praharams, if they permit.

You can find in internet, temples in and around chennai, temples in tamilnadu, temples in cuddalore etc., but i don't think so you can plan your travel like that. Employed people may find it difficult to get leave from their office often. So my travel plans are like (for a single day) if i visit Vellore, choose temples and plan it accordingly. You can try 1/2 a day tour also.
Example, if you are in chennai, for 1/2 a day, you can plan Kuberar temple (Rathnamangalam village. Take a left turn from Vandalur Zoo, proceed straight, after approx 15 mins drive you can find Tagore Engg college, take a immediate left (it is a small mud road) you can reach Kuberan temple. Near Kuberan temple, you can also visit Sri Chakra Kali (you cannot close your eyes at all after seeing her), Shridi Sai temple, Arai kasu amman temple. That is it. Always try to go for a travel with your family, since now-a-days spending time with the family has become less this is a great opportunity to enjoy also. Even if you are a atheist doesn't matter. You can enjoy the journey atleast.

Now I am going to update my blog with only photos whenever time permits I will write a description also.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice.Happy to see this blog. I know you will make it interesting & informative. Tx for your service. PRIYA

    ReplyDelete